This one is for the ladies.
Let’s be honest here. Camera bags are often ugly AND we end up carrying around a million bags when you add in a purse, a laptop, and for some people (moms!), a diaper bag. I had the opportunity to review three seriously amazing bags by these two companies.
Just LOOK at how cute some of these bags are! I got to spend time with the Betsy and the Gracie.
The Betsy was a great general camera bag and it also sufficed as a short day trip diaper bag.
- adjustable strap with an optional shoulder pad
- a large side pocket with two front pockets
- a roomy zippered pocket built right into the front flap that folds over to close the bag
- adjustable, velcro compartments inside to store your camera equipment
- soft (silky) material lining the inside main compartment
- pretty colors: black, brown, mustard, or teal
There are plenty of compartments for your typical purse items like keys, a wallet, a cell phone, etc. and the space between the equipment and the top of the bag allows for an extra change of clothes and diapers for your little one. Of course, most importantly, there is enough room for a slew of camera equipment. I was able to fit in a DSLR, a plastic camera, a telephoto lens, an external flash, and plenty of extras like film and filters (and baby socks, a book, and snacks!).
The Gracie is basically a camera bag and roomy purse, all in one.
- optional shoulder strap and cross-body strap
- three pockets in the front (two magnetic and one zip) with two zippered pickets inside
- a quick-access non-zippered compartment on the side (with yet another zippered pocket inside of THAT)
- basically, a lot of pockets and compartments!
- adjustable, velcro equipment compartments inside
- pretty, silky lining inside
- pretty colors: black, magenta, greige, butterscotch, mint, teal, mustard
Though it doesn’t look huge on the outside, this bag holds a lot of equipment. What you see here is a small lens, a DSLR, a telephoto lens, an external flash, and a small Joby tripod even! Plus the gazillion little pockets and compartments around the purse will hold whatever else you would want to take with you, from an iPad to a wallet.
It is worth noting that this particular style is softer and hugs well to your body. The supple material is not leather (cruelty-free!), and very high quality.
Epiphanie is not limited just to bags for women, though they have a wide selection in the “women” category. I was able to use the Clover for a few days to try it out. This is definitely the ultimate combined camera/laptop bag.
- a roomy, super-soft interior compartment
- three pockets (one zippered inside pocket, one zippered outside pocket, and one easy-access pocket in the front exterior
- braided shoulder straps
- optional cross-body strap
- adjustable, velcro compartments inside
- optional shoulder pad
- colors options: grey, black, camel, teal, red
This bag is absolutely perfect if you need to haul a camera, lenses, personal items and a laptop. I think a super heavy laptop would kill your shoulder, but if you are toting around a MacBook Pro or something of a similar size, you should be a-ok. The bag feels very padded for confidence to carry such breakable (and expensive!) items.
We’ll definitely put a post up soon featuring some camera bags for the guys soon!